Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My small world play

Since I was in BOLD, I took the opportunity to create my small world play in the sand tray. Did not do much reflection, except the feeling of being tired, relief and yet concern with activities one after another not ending.... I paused and think, have I stretched myself in wanting to learn what is out there? Do I long for the peace I used to enjoy high up on the hills? The scene seemed quite bare with a gorilla by itself, a pair of deers and a pair of elephants overlooking from the hills with trees around them, a pair of turtles on the river, a pair of frogs in the inner pool, a porcupine and a platypus. A turquoise snake emerging from its hiding position and a blue snake coming in from somewhere out there.
The animals on the higher ground seemed to be looking out of what was happening below, while the lower animals were all looking out where the blue snake was coming in... Kind of peaceful, yet there seemed to be danger too with the blue snake emerging. What danger again if the blue snake can be accepted within the community?
The tall spiral monument at the far end seemed to be guarding the river.... a light tower, the energy source ?

Looking at the whole sand tray, the prominent figure seemed to be the blue back turtle with purple feet near the river bank....The turquoise snake seemed to be looking at the blue snake? Is it coming home? The kind of lone rangers are the gorilla, platypus and the porcupine...will do a story on it sometime...m tired....



Return back to Earth-- or shall I called it "Tze-Y tao yuan"... i created this tray after removing the animals and trees from the 1st tray. Took the colored dried flowers, dried leaves and sprinkled on the sand, along with the shells, stones, wooden beads done earlier. The pointed monumental object seemed intact, seemed to remind me of the "truth seeker" and the line of shells cupped on both side of the river banks with their little secrets, aspirations, fears, hopes .....
As I gave a final look at the tray, before clearing all the objects away, it seemed to give me some peace as i buried both palms underneath the sand for a moment and feel the sensation of the soft sand--- returning back to earth...

3 comments:

  1. Wow, never knew we can read so much into such a simple activity. I do wonder whether there could be a pre-planned idea on how the sand tray would look like, hence, whoever is doing the analysis might interpret it wrongly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo,
    want to try to do a sand tray? come to Bold one day n experience it. No pre-planned idea on the sand tray. Once the tray is dismantled, one can never put it back again in the same manner. Whenever I m on the sand tray, my heart is on it... the Mind seemed to take a rest at that moment. Never know what it will look like. Somehow there is always a story to tell if one allows oneself to do so. This is the magic of the sandplay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo did 1... she experience her own small world :)

    ReplyDelete