Monday, May 25, 2009

its good to be back....

My last entry was Dec 12 2007...how time flies and now I m back to CPPD'09. Everything seemed lost for a while and finally the last piece of jigsaw fitted in. Thanks Alex for your time this morning. I tried to piece everything back in time for the first tutorial session tomorrow night. I have been reading others' blog and now m writing my own, the road seems familiar again. The 5 wooden figures were actually erasers on the base. I had them when I was 7 years old bought by my late mum. We used to play with it when young.... and I found them in a special box last week. What makes me picked 5 of them, are they representing children reminding not to go to the dark side?

Small world play, the first module I attended in Disted college on May 17'09. I did not manage to create a small world during the session but did it at home. I played around with the creation. reflected on the feeling each time I changed. It was a necklace of red seeds (I bought from little India for rm2- sometime back when Sue n myself were in little India last Nov'08 looking at drums). There were 2 shells and 3 pergaga leaves that I pluck from the garden and parts of the stem.

The title: Changes...impermanence... The 3 pergaga leaves had dried up, the fresh green color faded and the texture wrinkled. The shells sat on them a week ago, now they are upside down and the necklace of red seeds in a clump on my work table. The initial motif was a journey, with uphill-downhill and ending up in a circle: wholeness --- "where is the end and the beginning?" There were 87 seeds strung together. I counted 3 times. It ended with a single digit number of:6 (8+7=15). So in Hokkien 6 =LUCK! I really need the good luck. What does it really means when there is no end and no begining ... the journey goes on round n round?


3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! When is it small world play and when is it a spectogram? Could be a useful question to start with. When do you use objects that are already imbued with a history and emotions and when do you use neutralised objects?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex, Thanks for your pointers, will work on the small world again. Seemed to be a spectogram for one and a small world for another maybe? I suppose for the small world play the items use be neutralised?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What objects already contains the projections of its owners and what objects provide the 'blank screen'in inviting possible projections of its 'handlers'? For the therapist is there an intention to perceive all objects as neutral and possibly become aware what we may imbued into the objects from our very own projections?

    ReplyDelete